Android Device Management: Making Android Enterprise-Ready
Android Devices and the Enterprise
Android devices and tablets are quickly growing in popularity among end users in the enterprise — especially in Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) environments. But unlike BlackBerry and iOS devices, Android devices and tablets have traditionally lacked key OS-level security features and a robust set of IT management features key for enterprise usage - until now.
BoxTone Answers the Call
BoxTone's Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solution automates Android device management using ITSM (IT Service Management) best practices to address the full mobile lifecycle. The BoxTone software, with embedded 3LM technology, is the industry’s only MDM approach that enables IT to fully securely provision, configure, support, monitor and manage Android devices and their applications just like all other IT assets. Unlike all other MDM approaches, this solution builds upon the Linux-based Android core by providing embedded security and an over-the-air (OTA) mechanism to centrally take secure control of all aspects of the device. As a result, the BoxTone MDM solution extends the set of native operating system controls to fully cover all device resources and applications and deliver fine-grained OTA policy management to meet the security requirements of the enterprise.
Highlights of the BoxTone EMM solution for Android:
- Provision and deploy Android devices Over-The-Air (OTA) with secure authentication via ActiveDirectory (AD)
- Configure device security with dozens of policy controls including encrypt device, SD card and all app data, disable camera/wifi/Bluetooth, enforce strong passcodes, etc
- Secure Android devices using native enforcement and group-based policy management
- Push and manage apps OTA to via Group IT Policy Controls
- Full application-level blacklist/whitelist support including remote blocking of rogue applications
- Block data leakages with full application runtime isolation
- Embedded secure split-tunnel VPN
- Selectively wipe apps and organizational information from personal devices
- Full asset management reporting powered by long term historical database and reports for inventory, change management, utilization and deployment wide device/application/user details and more
- Full Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) reporting powered by long term historical database and reports for compliance violations, IT policy history, IT policy inventory and more
- Automated service desk console to enable help desk and support teams remotely look up status, diagnose issues and repair devices via embedded knowledge base and 1 click fix it
What to know more about BoxTone Mobile Device Management capabilities, Click here
Additional Informational Resources
"Making Android Enterprise-Ready" White Paper - Download
"Bringing Enterprise-Grade Security and Management to Android" On-Demand Webinar - Watch
Why wait? Email BoxTone Sales, use our Contact Us form or call +1 410-910-3344 now to arrange a personal demo and price quotation.