BoxTone Asset and Expense Management Module - Control Mobile Expenses, Quantify Mobile ROI, Enhance Mobile Device Security
The BlackBerry, iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Mobile devices have become the new laptop for many of your mobile professionals. But can you track ownership and liability of the devices connected to your enterprise? Do you know which mobile apps are being run; are the correct IT policies in place; and what changes to the devices have been made and when? And can you quantify the TCO and ROI of each mobile platform?
BoxTone Asset Managment dashboard reveals the device and usage breakdown of your mobile environment
The BoxTone Asset and Expense Management module can help. Built on the BoxTone Core Platform -- the scalable, secure mobile systems management platform with patented real-time automation technology -- this module will enable you to answer the tough questions such as:
- Inventory: What is the current status and configuration information (45 points of critical data) for each BlackBerry, iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Mobile smartphone?
- Ownership: Which smartphones are employee-liable and corporate-liable and are they in compliance with corporate security and usage rules and regulations?
- Utilization: Which mobile users have not used their smartphones or not read email in the last 30, 60, 90 days? Who are the high roaming users and where do they roam?
- Productivity: How much are smartphones used after hours and what are the financial ROI gains from these additional hours for each user and groups of users? So now you can defend the spend!
- Expense: What is the actual smarpthone usage data (user name, phone number, email volumes, data bytes transferred, etc.) to reconcile on a monthly basis with multiple wireless telecom bills?
- Lifecycle: What changes have been made to an individual user’s smartphone (eg. enterprise activation, IT policy push, application install, password reset, patch applied, mail server changed, moved mobility server, etc.)?
- Applications: Which smartphones have installed what applications, what is their version, when were they installed and how frequently are they used?
- Activity Compliance: Which smartphones were provisioned, decommissioned and wiped in the last 30 days? And verify the date of the successful smartphone wipe!
- Policy Compliance: Which users have which IT Policies (device-level and application-level) applied? Are all employee-liable devices in compliance? And verify the date that the policies were successfully applied on the smartphone!
Information is provided through a series of scheduled and on-demand reports in a variety of formats including PDF and XLS. Through the use of Excel, you can slice and dice the data to fit your needs. In addition, you can feed centralized repositories such as CMDBs, Asset Management (AM) systems and Telecom Expense Management (TEM) systems with accurate and timely smartphone and user information.
What This Means For Your IT Mobility Teams
- More effectively track and allocate spend by smartphones, type, ownership model, users and carriers
- Centrally track and compute actual financial ROI due to productivity gains with smartphones
- Contain costs by removing or adjusting data plans for high roaming, unused, under-used or lost smartphones
- Understand the lifecycle of spending required to maintain BlackBerry smartphone deployment
- Optimize mobile spend, improve mobility planning and quantify mobility return on investment
- Understand current inventory of smartphones and users for all BES-attached and ActiveSync-attached devices
- Track the detailed lifecycle and chain of custody for each smartphone and SIM card
- More easily re-capture and re-provision smartphones to meet changing business demands
- Negotiate better with carriers by understanding usage by smartphone, users, etc.
Security and Compliance Audit teams
- Centrally track ownership (employee-liable vs. corporate-liable) and compliance status for all enterprise-connected smartphones regardless of type, automatically detecting and isolating new and rogue devices
- More easily ensure controls are in place, such as verifying smartphone IT Policy compliance and successful smartphone wipe completion
- More easily comply with internal and government reporting requirements or regulations
Prevent substantial financial loss or impairment of IT credibility
Cross-Tier Mobility Support teams
- Improve service levels by understanding smartphone lifecycle, handheld versions, installed applications, specific configurations, etc.
- Better control and manage IT policy, ensuring the right users have policies and applications in place
- More effectively plan for future requirements, and respond to critical incidents
Interested in our Asset and Expense Management module? Then call us at 1 410-910-3344. Email us. Or use our Contact Us form.