Asset and Expense Management
Full Visibility into Your Devices and Apps
The number of mobile devices in the enterprise continues to grow at a stunning rate. Organizations are deploying increasing numbers of corporate-owned devices. Many organizations also now allow employee-owned BYOD devices. Organizations need to maintain an accurate accounting of users, devices and apps across the enterprise. As these devices proliferate, effective asset management becomes increasingly difficult.
BoxTone’s Asset and Expense Management enable organizations to centrally track and control asset inventory. They can interrogate change history, utilization, roaming, expense and lifecycle information. With BoxTone you can:
Manage All Your Devices
- Inventory by device types, age, handheld versions, installed apps and specific configurations
- Integrate with existing CMDBs and Asset Management systems to get more out of existing investments
- Better control and manage deployments, ensuring the right users have the right devices and apps in place
Improve Effectiveness of Telecom Spend
- More effectively track and allocate spend including roaming by devices, users and carriers
- Identify high roaming users and remove data plans for unused, under-used or lost devices
- Provide accurate and timely information to Telecom Expense Management (TEM) systems
Measure Spend Effectiveness
- Measure real productivity gains on-hours, after-hours and on weekends to determine real productivity gains
- Correlate usage with users to determine if investment is well targeted to high-value employees
- Understand the lifecycle of spending required to maintain device deployments
Improve Device Procurement
- More easily re-capture and re-provision devices to meet changing business demands
- Negotiate better with carriers by understanding real-world usage by device, carrier, roaming and user
Get Control of Your Device Inventory
How many mobile devices do you have? What mobile OS are they running? What models are in use? Are they corporate-owned or employee-owned (BYOD)? Who is using them? There are many questions organizations have about their mobile environment. Failure to answer these questions can lead to inefficient allocation of scarce resources.
BoxTone Mobile Asset and Expense Management answers each of these key questions. Organizations can see summaries of every mobile device on their network. They can quickly inventory not only the device type and OS but also the specific configuration of the device. They can quickly determine which devices are employee-owned and corporate owned. They can immediately see configuration changes and impact. BoxTone provides visibility into the entire environment.
Better Allocate Resources
BoxTone Mobile Asset and Expense Management doesn’t just provide an inventory of devices. It also provides insights into how users are using the devices. It provides actual usage data from the device. Organizations can quickly see who is using their devices and who is not. In case where usage is high, companies can negotiate for better rates with carriers, and they can also find those users with high roaming costs and determine where they roam. Where usage is low, they can reallocate devices to other users, saving capital expenses.
Information is provided through a series of scheduled and on-demand reports in a variety of formats including PDF and XLS. Through the use of Excel, organization can slice and dice the data to fit their needs. In addition, they can feed centralized repositories such as CMDBs, Asset Management (AM) systems and Telecom Expense Management (TEM) systems with accurate and timely smartphone and user information.
Interested in our Asset and Expense Management module? Then call us at 1 410-910-3344. Email us. Or use our Contact Us form.